How to get motivated for an early morning workout
The alarm clock rings. It’s a dark,cold morning. You intended to get up and exercise before the hustle and bustle of the workday, but it’s a lot easier just to push that snooze button.
Sound familiar? Health and wellness coordinator Amy Eversley (Personal Fitness Trainer ’10) has 7 tips to get you moving in the morning.
- Have a glass of water beside the bed. Drink it first thing in the morning. It will awaken your muscles.
- Customize your wake up. Pick a high-energy song to pump you up before you have the chance to hit snooze.
- Do yoga in bed. Stretching will energize the body before your feet even hit the floor.
- Move your alarm clock. Put it across the room! If you have to get up to turn it off, you may as well keep moving.
- Join a morning fitness class. If you’re surrounded by others who also had to get up early to be there, you’re more likely to stay motivated.
- Pack your lunch the night before. Use the extra time in the morning to sleep.
- Create an awesome workout playlist. Have your favourite music uploaded to your mobile device or player and ready to go so. It will help you get excited for your workout when you get to listen to it.